Lower Body Lift
Dramatic weight loss, weight fluctuation or natural aging frequently results in sagging skin in areas below the waistline. Lower-body-lift surgery tightens and sculpts the buttocks, back of the thighs, outer thighs, inner thighs, hips and abdomen. Loose skin that looks aesthetically displeasing or causes mobility restrictions is removed. A lower body lift is appropriate if you are near your ideal weight and may precede or follow an upper body lift procedure. Every year, thousands of people undergo successful lower-body-lift surgery and are pleased with the results.When to Consider a Lower Body Lift
- If you have had dramatic weight loss due to bariatric surgery or dieting.
- If you have relatively thin layers of fat below the skin in the hip, thigh, abdomen and buttock areas.
- If overhanging skin in your lower body restricts your mobility and/or causes painful chafing, rashes or infection.
- If you are distressed by sagging skin in your lower body.
Am I a good candidate for a lower body lift?
After you’ve struggled to achieve a healthy weight or have undergone bariatric surgery, you may still feel frustrated by your appearance if you have excess skin along the lower abdomen, relaxed abdominal wall muscles and loose and wrinkled skin along the thighs and buttocks. A lower body lift, which leaves a circumferential scar hidden in the bikini line, can dramatically improve areas of sagging skin and/or cellulite below the waistline. The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider a lower body lift:
- You have undergone bariatric surgery or significant weight loss through dieting.
- Pregnancy and/or aging have left you with loose skin and cellulite below the waistline.
- You have loose skin on your hips, the sides and fronts of your thighs, your inner thighs and your abdomen.
- You have significant skin laxity, excess skin, ptosis (sagginess) of the buttocks and abdominal wall laxity.
- The layers of fat below your loose skin are relatively thin.
- You are willing to accept a thin circumferential scar around your waist.
- You do not smoke. Smoking slows down the healing process and increases the risk of serious complications during and after surgery. If you smoke, you must quit at least six weeks before surgery.
The Body Lift procedure is a major procedure and all normal activities may not resume for 6-8 weeks. Patients should plan to be out of work for 3-4 weeks. No driving is allowed for 3 weeks. In summary, here are some post operative recovery details:
- strict bed rest for the first 5-7 days following surgery
- bandages and a compression garment are worn continuously for the first 5 days
- bandages and compression garment changed at day 5
- pain pump and drains are removed at day 5-7
- no showering or bathing until the garment and pads are removed at day 5
- no work or planned activities for 3 weeks
- resume most activities at 6-8 weeks
Before & Afters
Appointment Call: Phone Number: 03445203650, Phone International Number: +923445203650, Appointment by Call, SMS, Viber or Whatsapp
- Salma Sarfraz Hospital, Wahdat Road, Lahore
- Saira Memorial Hospital, Model Town, Lahore
- Jinnah Hospital, Lahore
To arrange a free consultation